We offer a range of workplace healthcare and wellness services for our corporate customers. Our corporate customers engage us to provide you with our workplace healthcare and wellness services (“the Services”).
In order to provide you with our Services, we collect certain personal information about you. Your privacy is very important to us, and we value the trust you place in us to handle your personal and health information the right way. This Privacy Statement sets out how we will do this, in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020 and the Health Information Privacy Code 2020 (Privacy Laws).
The range of our Services is determined by your employer in discussion with Southern Cross.
Acceptance of this Privacy Statement:
By receiving the Services, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Privacy Statement, and authorise the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement.
Who are we?
We are MedPro Healthcare (NZ) Ltd and Southern Cross Healthcare Limited (“Southern Cross”).
We may also engage our trusted affiliates to provide our Services. This may include Raise Limited, Active Plus Limited, Active Limited, TBI Health Group Limited and other organisations.
What information do we collect about you?
The personal information we collect depends on the purpose for which it is collected and the Service being provided. This may include:
- Information about you (such as name, date of birth, sex, ethnicity, citizenship, NHI number).
- Information about your health.
- Information about your test results.
- Information about your other health services.
Providing personal information to enable the provision of the Services is optional. However, if you choose not to provide us with certain information, we may not be able to provide you with some of our Services.
Who may we collect your information from?
We generally collect information directly from you. We may also collect information about you, from:
- your employer.
- any ‘Southern Cross’ branded or affiliated businesses.
- any party providing tests for you as part of the Services.
- any other person, where expressly authorised by you.
By receiving the Services you authorise the above parties to share your personal information for any of the purposes listed in this Privacy Statement.
How may we use your information?
We will use your information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with any of the Services.
- to verify your identity for security purposes.
- to send you electronic messages with relevant resources.
- to assist in the administration of any products or services that you have with other ‘Southern Cross’ branded businesses or affiliates.
- to contact you about our Services or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
We may also use your information on an aggregated and anonymised basis:
- to generate high-level wellbeing reports to provide to our client organisations to enable them to design wellbeing initiatives to support the wellbeing of their staff.
- to identify and generate high-level wellbeing trends over time on an organisational, sector or national level.
- to conduct general analysis, research and insights for us and other third parties in order to continually improve the Services.
Who may we disclose your information to?
We may disclose information about you for the above purposes to:
- any ‘Southern Cross’ branded businesses or affiliates for business administration purposes.
- relevant health services providers who will be providing your Services, including ‘Southern Cross’ branded businesses and our trusted affiliates. For example, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, psychologists, counsellors or nurses.
- our third-party service providers and professional advisors that we use in operating our business (e.g. IT services), and any other party where such disclosure is permitted or required by law.
Any disclosure of your personal and/or health information to third parties will only be for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement or as detailed in any consent form for a particular service. Any third parties will only be permitted to use your information in connection with the purposes for which it was disclosed.
Information collected by health services providers: Where you contact one of our trusted affiliates to access some of our Services, they will collect your personal information. Any information they collect will be collected, used and disclosed in accordance with their own privacy statement. We are not responsible or liable for their handling of your personal information.
Retention and storage of information: We retain your personal information only for as long as it is required for a lawful purpose. Generally, we keep information that forms part of our business record for a minimum of seven years. Health information that we collect about you may need to be retained for a minimum period of 10 years.
Is your information secure?
We take reasonable steps to make sure your personal and health information is kept secure and safe, in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Laws. All information collected is stored in our health software which is ISO 270001 certified. Individual results are confidential and are not shared with your employer or a third party (e.g., your doctor) without your consent. We keep personal information safe by storing it securely and only allow certain staff to access your information, where it is required for them to perform their roles.
Our website may have links or references to third-party websites, materials or services. This Privacy Statement does not apply to those third parties, and any information collected by those third parties will be governed by their own privacy policies and practices. We are not responsible or liable for the content or actions of any third-party website.
How can you access and correct your information?
You are entitled to request access to and correction of any of your personal information or health information held by us. Please contact us at email@example.com.
We do our best to ensure that your information is accurate, complete and up to date. Prompt notification of any changes to your contact details will help us to do this. If we do not have your correct contact details we may not be able to provide you with important information about our services.
Amendments to this Privacy Statement:
We may update this Privacy Statement. We may change this Privacy Statement by updating it on our website. By accessing or using any of our Services after any change, you will be deemed to have accepted the updated Privacy Statement.
Need more information?
If you have any queries about how we handle your personal and health information, or this Privacy Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, any complaint may be sent by post, for the attention of the Privacy Officer, to this address: MedPro Healthcare (NZ) Limited, PO Box 305402, Triton Plaza, Auckland 0757. Your information is collected and held by MedPro Healthcare (NZ) Limited.
Version last updated July 2022