Workplace Health Checks
Assessment is the foundation of a well planned and successful wellness program. This is best achieved by health checks at your workplace by our experienced Registered Nurses. Nurses are trained to recognise unspoken signals – the human touch works! The employer has the option to receive an aggregated report identifying the health risks of the organisation. This enables a focused approach to the “what next”.
Heart Health Checks Include:
- Cholesterol (Total/HDL Ratio; HDL; LDL)
- Blood sugar and diabetes risk
- Blood Pressure
- Height & Weight
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Waist Circumference
- Individualised lifestyle advice
Checks take approximately 15 to 20 minutes and results are discussed with each client.
Each staff member receives their own confidential results booklet. This provides a good record as well as information on what was tested.
Recent Studies show:
- More than 66% of New Zealanders are either overweight or obese
- Heart attacks and strokes are largely preventable yet one New Zealander dies of heart disease every hour.
- Poor nutrition has an impact on people’s productivity through factors such as lack of energy, poor concentration and lowered immunity.
- New Zealand has one of the highest rates of Diabetes in the OECD and this increases risk of cardiovascular disease significantly.
- A high percentage of people are not operating at their full capacity due to their health. This can be improved with simple lifestyle changes.
Our seminars are designed to offer tools to encourage people to work towards improved health and wellbeing. These are delivered in your workplace by professionals in their relevant fields of expertise.
Below are some examples of topics covered:
Stress and resilience
Mechanics of the mind
Sustainability in your role
Strengths for teams
Ask MedPro about the various ‘healthy thinking’ workshops available.